Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to create FRC_URB2D using GlobeLand30 data?

Tom

Hi all
the wrf user guide provide a way to create FRC_URB2D "Creating an Urban Fraction Field from NLCD Data".
But i want to use Globeland30 to create the FRC_URB2D,would you give me some ideas about it?
thank you!

Tom,
FRC_URB2D is already available in the NLCD dataset. The WRF User Guide provides a description how to extract this field and write this data in static binary format. Can you check whether Globeland30 also includes FRC_URB2D?

Tom,
FRC_URB2D is already available in the NLCD dataset. The WRF User Guide provides a description how to extract this field and write this data in static binary format. Can you check whether Globeland30 also includes FRC_URB2D?
Hi Ming Chen
Thank for you ideas.Because thet NLCD dataset doesn't include the area that i srudied.So i want to use GlobaLand30 to create the FRC_URB2D.To do that, i had used the way provided by WRF user guide of chapter3(Creating an Urban Fraction Field from NLCD Data).But the result were bot stisfactory.
This is my production process.
step(1):Using Arcgis pro to reclassify the tif file into 3 categories,corresponding to 22-24 in NLCD(but i think it is wrong,because the NLCD is classified by urban and impervious ground ratio. And i want to use the urban ratio to reclassify,but i don't have the idea,so i just simply use GlobeLand30 to reclassify 3 categories by Arcgis pro.Do you have some idea to classify?).
step(2):Using gdal_traslate to convert the tif to the binary and using uf.c(https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/people/duda/uf/uf.c) to get the urban fraction data.It's all ok.But when i create index for the binary file and modify the GEOGRID.TBL and run the geogrid.exe,the values in geo_em.d01.nc are both 0.
It's strange that.Doyou have some idea for this?
Thank you!

Attachments

• GEOGRID.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
  • index.txt
    342 bytes · Views: 0
  • namelist.wps
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • erro.png
    erro.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 00001-45308.00001-34801.png