Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to reset the LAI of the wrfout?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Zhanghaopeng

Dear WRF users:
I want to ask some questions for reset the LAI of the wrfout. Firstly, I have modified the geo_em.d01.nc,wrfinput_D01,wrflowinp_D01,the LAI of these files all modified.But here's what puzzled me,the LAI of the wrfout will return to the original value.Can you give me some suggestions?Thank you very much!The following files are my namelist.input.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    9.6 KB · Views: 16
This is because once wrf.exe starts, it will read LAI from the Table and won't use the data in wrfinput.
Please set rdlai2d = .true. in your namelist, and rerun the case. This option will force WRF to use LAI from wrfinput, and any changes you made will be included in wrfout.

Thank you very much for your reply, Mr. Chen !I just tried your solution,and the result in WRFOUT is already what I want. Thank you again for your help.