Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

how to run wrf with intelmpi for multi node

teja

I can able to run wrf in multinode but i would like to use infiniband with intempi.

Could anyone please help me on how to compile wrf.exe with intempi

Last edited:
Hi,
You should not need to make any special modifications to WRF to use intelmpi. You just need to ensure that the 'mpif90' and 'mpicc' commands that are used when compiling WRF are those provided by the Intel MPI library.

Dear Kwener, Thanks for your reply.

i followed the wrf build process im able to run wrf succcesfully i used 12 hour run. i see wrf ran successfully but only thing is when i use 2 nodes and 32 processs i see WRF.exe ran in 3 minutes.
but the below azure wrf link shows they simulated wrf for 2 -3 hours. but my wrf.exe gives output in 3 minutes. Im little confused coud you please explain

Hi,
Since your new question is different than the original post, please open a new thread to ask this question - this helps to keep topics separated, with each thread being a single subject, making them easier to search and read. Thanks!