Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Indoor air temperature and floor temperature in WRF-BEM

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mcjason413

How to find the height of the indoor air temperature "TLEV_URB3D" and floor temperature "TFLEV_URB3D" from the output of WRF-BEM simulation?

In module_sf_bep_bem.F:
tlev1D(iz_u,ibui)= tlev_urb3d(ix,ind_bd(ibui,iz_u),iy)
tlev_urb3d(ix,ind_bd(ibui,iz_u),iy)=tlev1D(iz_u,ibui)

In module_sf_urban.F:
TLEV_URB3D(I,:,J)=tlayer0_urb(I,1,J)

So, TLEV_URB3D is calculated from the "tlayer0_urb", but how is this variable initialized? In module_sf_urban.F, the "SUBROUTINE urban_var_init" has "TLAYER0_URB", but I don't understand from where it gets the initial values.

Please find the lines below in Registry.EM_CMMON:

state real TLEV_URB3D i{umap6}j misc 1 Z r "TLEV_URB3D" "INDOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"
state real TFLEV_URB3D i{umap9}j misc 1 Z r "TFLEV_URB3D" "FLOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"

change them to:

state real TLEV_URB3D i{umap6}j misc 1 Z rh "TLEV_URB3D" "INDOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"
state real TFLEV_URB3D i{umap9}j misc 1 Z rh "TFLEV_URB3D" "FLOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"

Then type ./clean -a in top WRF directory and recompile the code.

Ming Chen said:
Please find the lines below in Registry.EM_CMMON:

state real TLEV_URB3D i{umap6}j misc 1 Z r "TLEV_URB3D" "INDOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"
state real TFLEV_URB3D i{umap9}j misc 1 Z r "TFLEV_URB3D" "FLOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"

change them to:

state real TLEV_URB3D i{umap6}j misc 1 Z rh "TLEV_URB3D" "INDOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"
state real TFLEV_URB3D i{umap9}j misc 1 Z rh "TFLEV_URB3D" "FLOOR TEMPERATURE" "K"

Then type ./clean -a in top WRF directory and recompile the code.
From my understanding, this modification add these variables to output. Are their outputs on the same vertical levels with other variables?