Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

initial conditions not created for a configuration more than 2 domains in versions 4.1 or later but created in version 3.8

jagabandhu

Hello

I tried to create model initial conditions for three and four-domain configurations. However, I found that the model is not able to produce the initial conditions for a 3-domain or 4-domain configuration with WRF V 4.1.3, 4.2.1, and 4.3.3. Surprisingly, the same was done smoothly with version 3.8.1. Anyone faced such problems with newer versions can please revert back and let me know the solution to it. Where to make changes to accommodate more than two domain runs?

Hello

I tried to create model initial conditions for three and four-domain configurations. However, I found that the model is not able to produce the initial conditions for a 3-domain or 4-domain configuration with WRF V 4.1.3, 4.2.1, and 4.3.3. Surprisingly, the same was done smoothly with version 3.8.1. Anyone faced such problems with newer versions can please revert back and let me know the solution to it. Where to make changes to accommodate more than two domain runs?
Can you please attach your namelist.input, namelist.wps, any error logs such as (rsl.error & rsl.out) files to this thread for review?

Also when you upgraded from v3 to v4 did you download the new geography files for v4?

Can you please attach your namelist.input, namelist.wps, any error logs such as (rsl.error & rsl.out) files to this thread for review?

Also when you upgraded from v3 to v4 did you download the new geography files for v4?
Yes, I am using the new terrestrial data sets, but the problem persists......No errors are seen in rsl files.........that is very strange scenario for me as well........
BTW: The namelists are attached for your reference. Please suggest something if possible.........Such issues are persisting with version 4 (4.1, 4.2 and 4.3) only......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• namelist-input.pdf
    71 KB · Views: 6
  • namelist-wps.pdf
    65.9 KB · Views: 5
@jagabandhu,
When you say the initial conditions are not created for domains 3 or 4, what exactly happens? Can you send a log and/or error file that shows the model progress (e.g., rsl.error.0000 and rsl.out.0000). You do not need to save these as a .pdf. Just simply add .txt to the end of them and attach them if the forum site won't allow you to upload. Thanks!