Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Mandatory field TT was not found in any input data - using ECMWF data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

wrf_1993

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
I just tried to recreate the problem to upload the error, but all of a sudden, the metrgrid.exe failed, which didn't before.
I am using the ECMWF data from https://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds113.1/ with the Vtable.ECMWF.
The error says, "The mandatory field TT was not found in any input data." but as far as I can tell, there is no TT variable in this dataset.

Would you be able to help me with this problem as well, or should I create a new thread for this?
Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• metgrid.log
    12.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Vtable.ECMWF.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi,
To keep the topics organized, and for searchability purposes, I just split the previous topic and moved this question to the metgrid section. If we resolve this and you then get the same problem in the above link, we can revisit that question in that link.

Looking at your metgrid log, I believe the problem is likely that you don't have any surface temperature - perhaps any surface fields at all? Can you check to see if that is the case?