Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Meet the problem:"No average surface temperature for use with inland lakes"

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

zz455615165

Hello,
There is a error information "No average surface temperature for use with inland lakes" when I run real.exe. One solution in previous FAQ is add skin temperature into data. But the error still exist after I add skin temperature and SST. the namelist.wps, met_em.nc and real.log is uploaded.ERA-interm data are used in my study.
Thanks for your help!
Max

Attachments

• met_em.d01.2014-01-01_00_00_00.nc
    51.1 MB · Views: 60
  • real.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 99
  • namelist.wps
    1.4 KB · Views: 79
Hi,
The error you mention (No average surface temperature for use with inland lakes) is not actually an error. It's just a print-out stating that you don't have inland lake temperature data available, and it's perfectly fine to not have that. The reason real.exe didn't run correctly was due to the fatal error at the bottom of the log file:
Code:
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    3388
mismatch_landmask_ivgtyp
-------------------------------------------

This was a known problem with ERA-interim data (and occasionally other types), and was not corrected until V4.1. If you're interested in the specifics, you can take a look at the GitHub commit that fixed it: https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/commit/b1b0a7e7d36be799781e183f6536021a1f955892

I'm attaching a file that I modified for V4.0.3. You'll need to place this file in your /dyn_em directory and then you'll need to recompile the code. You don't need to issue a 'clean -a' or to reconfigure. Just simply recompile and then try the run again to see if the problem is corrected.

Thanks,
Kelly

Attachments

• module_initialize_real.F
    377.7 KB · Views: 161