Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Mismatch between namelist and wrf input files for dimension NUM_LAND_CAT

dmantsis1976

Hi

I am trying to incorporate the CORINE land use map into my WRF runs and I encountered a problem. I am getting an error

----------------- ERROR -------------------
namelist : NUM_LAND_CAT = 44
input files : NUM_LAND_CAT = 45 (from geogrid selections).
d01 2022-07-01_00:00:00 ---- ERROR: Mismatch between namelist and wrf input files for dimension NUM_LAND_CAT
NOTE: 1 namelist vs input data inconsistencies found.

after looking at the geo_em.d01.nc file the d01 domain has values from 1-44. There is no 45 value. So I don't understand why this takes place. I know there is a previous post with the same title (responding to that post has been disabled), and is addressing the same issue. However, this problem occurred when running real.exe not wrf.exe. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why this takes place. I think something happens during the conversion of the geotiff CORINE map into geogfid format, but I am not sure why.

Thank you

Dear Dr Chen
I get 45 for both geo_em and met_em files. The wrfinput files are not generated because real.exe fails when I try to run it. I looked in the geo_em files and the range is 1-44, there is no 45 value. The conflict is with the num_land_cat=44 that I have in my namelist.input (by the way this is the correct value). Someone told me that this problem is due to the GeoTiff-->Geogrid conversion (this is done using convert_geotiff command that I got from GitHub; this is what everyone is using). Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I was wondering if WRF allows the use of different land use data (with different number of classes) for different domains. I would be interested in this option if there is no other way to solve the problem.

Thank you for your time