Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Missing value after using "convert_mpas"

Monica

Hi everyone,

I completed a regional MPAS simulation with 15-3km resolution recently. I successfully obtained a series of "main.****.nc" files. Now I use the convert_mpas tool to convert the output files to lat-lon format (latlon.nc).

But when I used ncl to draw latlon.nc, I found that a part of the area was blank (the north side of the target area). As shown below left:
But when I use ncl to draw on the original main.****.nc file, the target area is complete. As shown below right:
1710816958141.png
I made sure my NCL scripts do not limit the lat or lon of the map.

I made sure to cover all target areas when using the convert_mpas tool. My target_domain file is:
startlat = -10.0
endlat = 90
startlon = 30.05
endlon = 180.05
nlat = 1000
nlon = 1500

Can anyone help me? I have no idea about the missing area in the latlon.nc (nc file generated by convert_mpas).

Thanks.

Best,

Monica

Monica,
Would you please upload a single main.****.nc file to our Nextcloud storage for me to take a look? Please let. me know the file name after you upload it. Thanks.
Thanks. Ming Chen,
Now I have updated the file "Monica_main.2023-09-07_14.30.00.nc" ( a single file from original MPAS output ) and "Monica_latlon.nc" ( generated by conver_mpas at 07-07_14.30.00 with mslp ) to storage.

Monica,
There is no lat/lon information in your file "Monica_main.2023-09-07_14.30.00.nc". I cannot run convert_maps to repeat your issue.
Do you have any other file that includes the required mesh information for convert_mpas?

Apologize for the absence of lat/lon information in the files uploaded before. Now, I have uploaded the file "Monica_static.nc" which includes the lat/lon information. Thanks!

Hi Monica,
I can repeat the issue you have. Thanks for reporting this with the convert_mpas tool. We will work on it and hopefully to fix it soon .