Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Modified Land Use

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

kaelel18

Hi there. I am trying to modify WRF's default land use with the one I generated. The land use I have are with 6 categories only where I categorized urban with 5. The tif file is at 1 arc-second. I plan to use my generated LU in the fourth domain. My question is do I need to resample the image to 30 arc-second to coincide with either USGS or MODIS? Also, do I need to reclassify my LU categories following USGS/MODIS classification number? Say if my urban is 5, do I need to reclassify it to 13 (MODIS) or 1(USGS)? Thanks!. By the way my reference is using this tutorial http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/tutorial/201901/duda_wps_advanced.pdf

Hi,
I would like to apologize for the long delay in response. This post seems to have been overlooked, which was certainly not our intention. Since it has been so long, I'd like to first ask if you are still struggling with this, or whether you have moved past it.