Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

netcdf-fortran-4.4.1 installation error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

taap6484

Dear WRF users,

I have been trying to install netCDF-fortran-4.4.1 in order to install WRF modell, but I found the same problem of this request: https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg13355.html

I am sending you the 'config.log' file as requested to Oluwaseun.
View attachment config.log

While I trying to install the ' netcdf-fortran-4.4.1' , obtained from the repository: https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/archive/v4.4.1.tar.gz and after successfully installed 'netcdf-c-4.4.1' , I found this message of ERROR, during 'make' step:

[root@wrf netcdf-fortran-4.4.1]# make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1'
Making all in fortran
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1/fortran'
make all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1/fortran'
depbase=`echo nf_lib.lo | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.lo$||'`;\
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc -g -O2 -DLONGLONG_IS_LONG -MT nf_lib.lo -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o nf_lib.lo nf_lib.c &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Plo
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc -g -O2 -DLONGLONG_IS_LONG -MT nf_lib.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/nf_lib.Tpo -c nf_lib.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/nf_lib.o
nf_lib.c: In function 'nc_rename_grp':
nf_lib.c:167:9: error: 'NC_ENOGRP' undeclared (first use in this function)
return NC_ENOGRP;
^
nf_lib.c:167:9: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [nf_lib.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1/fortran'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1/fortran'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/usuario/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Professor Thiago Pinto
Meteorology and Climatology
Agronomy Departament - UFVJM
Diamantina - MG - Brazil

Hi,
Our group develops and supports code related to the WRF model, WRFDA, or MPAS. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to support problems related to installing outside libraries (such as NetCDF). You will need to either contact their support group, or a systems administrator at your institution for this problem. I apologize for the inconvenience.