Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

PBS issue or a WRF model issue?

colintully

Hello,

I am running into an issue trying to submit real.exe as a batch job on my system. It immediately quits with the follow message:

[proxy:0:0@r0295] HYDU_create_process (./utils/launch/launch.c:75): execvp error on file real.exe (No such file or directory)

And in the rsl.out.0000 file:

= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= EXIT CODE: 255
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES

I'm not sure what is wrong here. I made sure the namelist file inputs matched that in the WPS namelist. I attached the namelist.input, rsl.error.0000, and rsl.out.0000 files for reference.

If it's a PBS issue, then I can contact the admin for my system, but if it's a model issue then I am happ

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.error.0000
    128 bytes · Views: 2
  • rsl.out.0000
    327 bytes · Views: 2
What is the command / script you are submitting to PBS? Often times an error of an exec not being found during a job submission is due to the batch job system under the hood changing directories.

Can you confirm that real.exe does exist in your work directory? The error message clearly indicates that real.exe doesn't exist.

Hello,
Yes, the real.exe file is linked to my run directory. See the code below from my run_real.sh batch script. I am new to PBS, so I am not sure if I am formatting it correctly. I tried copying the one I used during the tutorial, but that did not work on my machine.

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -N real
#PBS -l select=1:ncpus=1
#PBS -l walltime=00:30:00
#PBS -o rsl.out.0000
#PBS -e rsl.error.0000
cd $PBS_O_WROKDIR
mpiexec ./real.exe

Please see the example below. This is a sample PBS job script in Cheyenne.
#!/bin/csh
### need to provide Proj#
#PBS -A Proj#
#PBS -N wrf
#PBS -l walltime=12:00:00
#PBS -q economy
#PBS -j oe
### Select 2 nodes with 36 CPUs, for 72 MPI processes
#PBS -l select=2:ncpus=36:mpiprocs=36
mpiexec_mpt ./wrf.exe

Hope this is helpful for you.
~

Unfortunately I run into the same issue. Is it an MPI issue perhaps? Most advice I see online says it's related to real.exe not being in my $PATH, with the workaround being to add "./" before real.exe, which I have but it still can't find the file