Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problem FTP data tutorial example wrf-chem

paula_mc2

Hi,

I'm new in WRF-Chem, so I am trying to run the tutorial examples. However, I cannot access the data pointed out in the following FTP link https://ruc.noaa.gov/wrf/wrf-chem/tutorialexercises/tutorialexercises001.html

I try to connect to the server on a Mac computer using the finder:
* Opening the finder application
* Press cmd + k
* Enter ftp://aftp.fsl.noaa.gov/divisions/taq/tutorialexercises/exe001/ in the field and click connect
* Select "Guest" in the connect as screen, then click connect
But a message of problems on the server "ruc.noaa.gov" appear. I do not know if I am the only one with the problem or if it is something with the server, as the message pointed out.

Hi,

Try this instead:

Open Terminal
type: "cd ${PATH}", where path is the location you'd like the data to be saved to (e.g., /home/paula_mc2/...)
type: "ftp aftp.fsl.noaa.gov"
when prompted, type "anonymous" for name
enter your email address as the password
you'll be logged into the system
cd taq/tutorialexercises/exe001
get ALL_FILE.tar.gz
after download, type "exit"

The ALL_FILE.tar.gz will be downloaded to the location you cd'd to earlier
to unpack, type "tar -xvzf ALL_FILE.tar.gz" or "gunzip ALL_FILE.tar.gz ; tar -xvf ALL_FILE.tar"

Jordan

Hi,

Try this instead:

Open Terminal
type: "cd ${PATH}", where path is the location you'd like the data to be saved to (e.g., /home/paula_mc2/...)
type: "ftp aftp.fsl.noaa.gov"
when prompted, type "anonymous" for name
enter your email address as the password
you'll be logged into the system
cd taq/tutorialexercises/exe001
get ALL_FILE.tar.gz
after download, type "exit"

The ALL_FILE.tar.gz will be downloaded to the location you cd'd to earlier
to unpack, type "tar -xvzf ALL_FILE.tar.gz" or "gunzip ALL_FILE.tar.gz ; tar -xvf ALL_FILE.tar"

Jordan
Thank you! I will try that.