Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

problem in real.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

benamara

I have a problem in real.exe, I try to run wrf arw with the lateral and initial conditions of arpege0.1, at the beginning I had a problem in ungrib with Vtable, taking Vtable.ARW.UPP I succeeded in generate FILE **, geogrid **. nc and metgrid **. nc, I don't know if I made the right choice, but with real.exe I found problems and here is what it gives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
taskid: 0 hostname: localhost.localdomain
------ ERROR while reading namelist domains ------
Maybe here?: e_vert = 33, 33, 33,
Maybe here?: p_top_requested = 5000, 100000,
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 10851
ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.

Hi,
Can you please attach the full error file, along with your full namelist.input file? Please also let me know which version of WRF you are running. Thanks!

Hello,
He find an attached files: file error, file output, namelist.output and namelist.input. The version of WRF which I used is V4.0.
Kind Regards
M.Benamara

Attachments

• file_error.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 27
  • file_out.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 32
  • namelist_output.txt
    83.4 KB · Views: 25
  • namelist_input.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for sending those. The rsl files you sent were for your real.exe run (not wrf.exe); however, there is an error listed there:
Code:
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:    1199
p_top_requested < grid%p_top possible from data

Your setting of 5000 for p_top_requested is standard, so I believe the problem is your "num_metgrid_levels" setting, which is only set to 1. What type of input data are you using? There should be many more levels than 1 (for e.g., GFS data have 34 levels).

Another problem I see is you have num_metgrid_soil_levels = 0. You must have soil temperature and moisture data in your input data. If you need information about obtaining input data, and the mandatory requirements, see this presentation.