Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

problem with netcdf

Yiping

Hello! I've been using WRF4.4 and facing a version conflict issue with NetCDF. When running WPS, I find that I need to switch to NetCDF 4.6.1, but after that, I have to revert to NetCDF 4.3.0 to avoid issues. If I don’t switch the NetCDF version, I get this error:

./metgrid.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdff.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
srun: error: fat01: task 0: Exited with exit code 127

Can someone suggest a single NetCDF version that would work seamlessly with WRF4.4 without requiring frequent switches?

Hi,
You should not need to switch your netCDF version each time your run. It's possible that after you built WPS, the netCDF libraries were updated on your system and that your path is now pointing to the new location. Take a look at this post to see if it's helpful.

Hi,
You should not need to switch your netCDF version each time your run. It's possible that after you built WPS, the netCDF libraries were updated on your system and that your path is now pointing to the new location. Take a look at this post to see if it's helpful.
Thank you. This information is very helpful!