Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problem with openmpi running real.exe (WRFV4.0)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

marianfrias

Hi guys, this is my first topic so nice to meet you! :)
I have a problem with WRFV4.0, in order to run real.exe, this version needs the library libmpi_f90.so.0.
But the newest version with this library included is openmpi.intel/1.4.5, which sucks, because with this old openmpi I can't do another things, like run wrf.exe. So, I don't know what to do, do you know if there is a newer version of openmpi with this library? If not, what can I do to above this problem? By the way, I run the WRF3.9 without problems, but I need the V4.0 to do my thesis, I don't know why 4.0 needs this library if 3.9 doesn't.
Thank you very much.
A hug for you.
Marian

Hi Marian,
I have not heard of this problem yet. You could try installing MPICH instead and see if you have better results with that. Take a look at this page, which can guide you through the steps of installing libraries, etc.:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php