Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

problems reading wrfchemi_00z_d0*

hliu20

Hi,
I am running WRF-Chem v4 with saprc99, and I have some questions as following.
1.If my wrfchemi_00z_d01 and wrfchemi_12z_d01 have ten layers which contains the low, mid and high pollution sources, will the wrf-chem model
automatically interpolate these ten layers into the eta_levels from low to high? Which means that the lowest pollution source will be interpolated to
the lowest level of eta_levels, the highest pollution source will be interpolated to the 10th level of eta_levels.
2.I noticed a strange phenomenon in rsl.out.0000 that when the model read emissions from wrfchemi_00z_d0*, it will show error trying to read
metadata, but the model finished running successfully. Does this represent a failure to read the pollution source file? The following are some
information from rsl.out.0000.
mediation_integrate: med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: Read emissions for time2019-11-29_00:00:00
d03 2019-11-29_00:00:00 Error trying to read metadata
d03 2019-11-29_00:00:00 Input data is acceptable to use: wrfchemi_00z_d03
**WARNING** Time in input file not being checked **WARNING**
Thank you
Liu Hao

Attachments

• namelist.input
    8.6 KB · Views: 33
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    11.2 MB · Views: 17
  • rsl.out.0000.txt
    11.4 MB · Views: 2
Hi Liu,

You are correct in your understanding of how the emissions layers are mapped. And yes, this warning should not impact your results. You should be able to easily check whether you are emitting from those files in your output files (e.g., NO2, CO, EC).

Jordan

Hello my fellow colleagues,

I recently start to use WRF-CHEM and I want to use a local emission inventory in order to achieve higher resolution than the global inventories, but I can't find a guide or tutorial where I can learn the process of how to transform these type of data in to an input file for WRF-CHEM. I have been using bio_emiss and anthro_emiss for global inventories but I don't know if the data base from de local emission inventory that I want to use have the characteristics to be used for bio and anthro emiss.

Can anyone help me to find a solution? My study domains are outside USA.
Thank you.

-Steph

Hello my fellow colleagues,

I recently start to use WRF-CHEM and I want to use a local emission inventory in order to achieve higher resolution than the global inventories, but I can't find a guide or tutorial where I can learn the process of how to transform these type of data in to an input file for WRF-CHEM. I have been using bio_emiss and anthro_emiss for global inventories but I don't know if the data base from de local emission inventory that I want to use have the characteristics to be used for bio and anthro emiss.

Can anyone help me to find a solution? My study domains are outside USA.
Thank you.

-Steph
Hi Steph,

You might be able to use the HEMCO software. It is what we are recommending for future emissions processing.

Jordan