Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problems running ungrib.exe

Goldenbear

Hello admin.
I have a problem in my first run of WPS 4.5, when I run ungrib.exe it always shows ". /ungrib.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", but I've moved the "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$/home/liuxb/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to bashrc and looked to make sure that it was libpng12.so.0, but the problem is still not solved. Can you please help me with this?

Attachments

• process.png
    process.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 21
Try issuing these commands:

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If the path /home/liuxb/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib is not included, then (in ksh, for example) please type:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/liuxb/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib"

Please let me know whether this works for you.

Thank you for such a quick answer, I just tried to solve the problem in another way, I used this command "sudo ln -sf /home/liuxb/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib/libpng12.so.0", also For your reference. But I encountered another problem when I re-run ungrib.exe, "At line 133 of file read_namelist.f90 (unit = 10, file = 'namelist.wps')
Fortran runtime error: End of file". Should I check the content and format of my namelist.wps? Or are there other possible reasons for this problem?

Attachments

• 1693450041251.png
    1693450041251.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 21
你能上传你的namelist.wps给我看一下吗?谢谢。
Hi, I have encountered the same problem. My specific situation is that I cp the pre-compiled WRFV4.5 and WPS4.5 on Derecho to my path. Later, when I tried to run the case on the tutorial, I encountered the same problem as him. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi, I have encountered the same problem. My specific situation is that I cp the pre-compiled WRFV4.5 and WPS4.5 on Derecho to my path. Later, when I tried to run the case on the tutorial, I encountered the same problem as him. Thank you in advance for your help.
I believe both your issue and @Goldenbear's issue may arise from the use of the use of pre-compiled code meant for use with the environment on Cheyenne and not Derecho. You may need to work from the WRF source code and configure and compile it yourself. What compiler option is best to use on Derecho is an open question I have but that is for another thread...

I believe both your issue and @Goldenbear's issue may arise from the use of the use of pre-compiled code meant for use with the environment on Cheyenne and not Derecho. You may need to work from the WRF source code and configure and compile it yourself. What compiler option is best to use on Derecho is an open question I have but that is for another thread...
Hi, thanks for your help. I am now able to run wps. But, when I type mpirun -np 4 ./real.exe to run, the system reports that No host list provided.
What caused this? Permission? Do I need to contact CISL to resolve the issue?

I don't think it is a permission issue. Have you recompiled WRF in the machine you are using?
I didn't recompile, I just copied the pre compiled wrf. Because I always encounter problems when I want to compile wrf, I will try to recompile wrf again and provide timely feedback.

I don't think it is a permission issue. Have you recompiled WRF in the machine you are using?
Hi, I tried to compile WRFV4.5 on Derecho, but it failed. I have attached documents A and B, please tell me where the problem lies?
Sorry for changing the format to txt for uploading the file.

Attachments

• log.compile.txt
    909.4 KB · Views: 4
  • configure.wrf.txt
    22 KB · Views: 1