Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

deleoloruntoba

Hi all,
I am experiencing this error message in my rsl.error.ooo file which makes the simulation stop at exactly 10 mins. I know that this error message has received many responses on this platform but the suggested actions seem not to solve this one. Please see my attached namelist.input, namelist.wps, all rsl (error and out) files -since i run just 4 cores.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    1.7 KB · Views: 27
  • namelist.input
    3.1 KB · Views: 32
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    4 KB · Views: 27
  • rsl.error.0001.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 26
  • rsl.error.0002.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 28
  • rsl.error.0003.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 31
  • rsl.out.0000.txt
    43.8 KB · Views: 34
  • rsl.out.0001.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 27
  • rsl.out.0002.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 29
  • rsl.out.0003.txt
    70.1 KB · Views: 33
Hello,

When I look into your out.0000, I see a lot of Flecher iterations .

When I had this problem it indicated that I had problems with my soil moisture.
So you should check your soil moisture files, or use a shorter timestep.

I hope this helps,

Please tell what is the forcing data for this case? I ask this because I notice that your input data only has 12 pressure levels. Such a coarse vertical resolution of data may introduce large bias when interpolated to the model level.
In addition, your model top is located at 150 spa, which is way too low. Can you set the model top to 50hPa (e.g., p_top_requested = 5000)
For dx = 10km, time step should be 60.
I don' see any other issues that may possibly lead to the model crash.