Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Re: Convection permitting resolution

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

bllamptey

My model is getting segmentation fault. I have tried 288 processors and currently using 360 processors.
I should be grateul if sometime could take a look at the attached namelist.input, sample rsl.error and rsl.out files and suggest what I should change in the namelist.input file to prevent the segmentation fault. Maybe, where cfl criteria is being voilatedView attachment namelist.input

Can someone show me how to attach the rsl files. I keep getting the message,"invalid file extension."

If you package all of your rsl* files together into 1 *.tar file, you should be able to attach that.

Hi,
I am seeing some CFL errors in your rsl.error* files. This typically means that the model is becoming unstable, usually due to high terrain. The typical suggestion is to reduce your timestep, but yours is already reduced a decent amount. You could try setting time_step = 10 (instead of 15), but that may not make a huge difference. Some other options are listed at the bottom of this FAQ:
http://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=133

If the CFL errors are happening at the domain edges, you could try to adjust the domain so that the boundaries are away from the high terrain (if that's possible).