Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

real.exe change of land use type

Hasaki

I used the latest modis data and manually updated the lake information to change the lake land use to 21 and successfully ran geogrid and metgrid. The LU_INDEX of both my geo file and met_em file was 21, but after real, the LU_INDEX of the wrfinput file changed to 17, and the file has the "LAKEMASK" variable. I don't know if this is normal or not. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me.
Note: I am using WPSV4.5 and WRFV4.5.1 with sf_lake_physics=1.

Hi,
Yes, this is typical. Depending on which physics you use, the categories get remapped, based on the *.TBL files that are used for that particular physics scheme. And then it's likely that when they are remapped, your domain does not contain any land for categories 18-21.

Hi,
Yes, this is typical. Depending on which physics you use, the categories get remapped, based on the *.TBL files that are used for that particular physics scheme. And then it's likely that when they are remapped, your domain does not contain any land for categories 18-21.
Thank you very much for your answer!