Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

real.exe crash (due to landuse/seaice?)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mzp3769

Hello,
real.exe was running fine until several days ago when it started crashing every day as attached. Help much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• wrf_error.tar
    100 KB · Views: 48
There is no error message in the rsl files you attached. Can you tell me more information about this case? When you say REAL ran fine a few days ago, but failed recently, do you mean it works for some cases but failed for some recent 'new' cases?

Yes, that's why I think it may be an issue related to sea ice. I am running daily forecasts with wrf-chem but I don't think this error is related to chemistry as it fails during met processing. It is a very extensive domain running on 200+ processors. Do you have any tips on how to produce more relevant error messages?

One option is to rebuild WRF in debug mode, then rerun the failed case. The exact line/module where REAL fails will be printed.

No, not a chance. Someone suggested issues related to microphysics. Am trying that with a newer version of WPS

The crash was related to aerosol sensitivity to microphysics and required newer version of WPS. The model runs fine. Thanks.

Would you please further clarify the issue? This might be helpful for other users who may run into the same problem.
Thanks in advance,