Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

./real.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpnetcdf.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Parvathy

I am new to WRF, i downloaded the WRF-MOSIT to install and compile the WRF. now, while i am trying to run the real.exe, I am facing this error:
./real.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpnetcdf.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I tried installation again but the same issue is coming, what should i do?

The Unix operating system usually looks at the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to search the directories in the path for the library. Try issuing these commands:

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If the path where your libpnetcdf.so.4 is located is not included, then (in ksh, for example) please type:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:your path that includes libpnetcdf.so.4"

Hello all
i also have the same problem i exported the path, but i don't have libpnetcdf.so.4 file. but i have libnetcdff.so, libnetcdff.so.7, libnetcdff.so.7.1.0, libnetcdf.so, libnetcdf.so.19, libnetcdf.so.19.2.2
can anybody suggest me what to do?

What is your error message? I suppose that by adding the library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH , REAL should work.
I have libnetcdff.so, libnetcdff.so.7, libnetcdff.so.7.0.0 installed in my machine, and REAL works just fine.