Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) geogrid (NetCDF HDF error)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

lslrsgis

Dear WRF community,

I have met a NetCDF: HDF error. After successfully run geogrid.exe, I am trying to read geo_em.d01.nc through ncview. There is an error as follows:

lsl@lsl-Vostro-3668:~/Downloads/geogrid_original$ ncview geo_em.d01.nc
Ncview 2.1.8 David W. Pierce 8 March 2017
http://meteora.ucsd.edu:80/~pierce/ncview_home_page.html
Copyright (C) 1993 through 2015, David W. Pierce
Ncview comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `ncview -w'.
This is free software licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 3; type `ncview -c' for redistribution details.

netcdf_fi_get_data: error on nc_get_vara_float call
cdfid=65536 variable=LU_INDEX
start, count:
[0]: 0 1
[1]: 0 62
[2]: 0 91
NetCDF: HDF error

And, when I am trying to use nco command to get the difference of default run and modified run. There is error as follows:

lsl@lsl-Vostro-3668:~/Downloads$ ncdiff ./geogrid_modified_largearea/geo_em.d01.nc ./geogrid_original/geo_em.d01.nc geo_em.d01.diff.nc

ERROR: nco_get_vara() failed to nc_get_vara() variable "ALBEDO12M"

nco_err_exit(): ERROR Short NCO-generated message (usually name of function that triggered error): nco_get_vara()

nco_err_exit(): ERROR Error code is -101. Translation into English with nc_strerror(-101) is "NetCDF: HDF error"

nco_err_exit(): ERROR NCO will now exit with system call exit(EXIT_FAILURE)

These files can be read correctly by Panoply and NCL. I am wondering if there is something relative to my NetCDF libraries (HDF support)?

Any indications would be appreciated.

Attachments

• geogrid_.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 55
I can use ncview to look at your data. Below is the information shown on screen:
ncview geo_em.d01.nc
Ncview 2.1.7 David W. Pierce 29 March 2016
http://meteora.ucsd.edu:80/~pierce/ncview_home_page.html
Copyright (C) 1993 through 2015, David W. Pierce
Ncview comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `ncview -w'.
This is free software licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 3; type `ncview -c' for redistribution details.

Note: no Ncview app-defaults file found, using internal defaults

ncdiff also works fine.

Please reinstall the software package (e.g., ncview, nco) and try again.