Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) INFORM: Field LANDSEA.mask does not have a valid mask and will not be checked for missing values

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

littleho_song

In the metgrid.log, there is a line

2019-04-17 13:55:57.079 --- INFORM: Field LANDSEA.mask does not have a valid mask and will not be checked for missing values

What does that mean?
I am confused with the table
name=LANDSEA
interp_option=nearest_neighbor
fill_missing=-1.
fill_lev=200100:LANDMASK(1)

I thought fill_lev would always be the input mask, why here you have LANDMASK(1)? Plus why would LANDSEA even needed in met_em files (since by now all the values should be on the wrf grid)? I suggest removing this in the met_em files. Unless the real.exe is doing interpolation again?

This is not really an error message. LANDSEA itself is kind of a land mask field.

For the options specified in the table, please look at the website here for detailed description:
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_v4/v4.0/users_guide_chap3.html#_Description_of_METGRID.TBL

LANDSEA is necessary because REAL needs this variable for further adjustment to make sure static and time-dependent fields are consistent.