Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Ungrib.exe not created

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ashraf058

The problem I am facing is with WPS. I have configured and complied metgrid.exe and geogrid.exe (approximately 23 Bytes) in WPS but the configuring and compilation did not happen for ungrib as no executable file was generated as ungrib.exe.

I am attaching the log.compile and configure.wps files and appreciate assistance and guidance.
Regards
AshrafView attachment log.compile
View attachment configure.wps

Hi Ashraf,
If you look through the log.compile file and search for "Error" (with a capital "E"), the first error you come to is:
Code:
fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory

According to your configure.wps file, the GRIB2 libraries and include files should reside in
/home/ashraf058/WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/include
and
/home/ashraf058/WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib

Can you check in /home/ashraf058/WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/include to see if you have "png.h?" If not, and if you aren't able to locate it and move it to this location, you may need to rebuild png.

Hi Kwerner,
Yes I was able to resolve the issue. I did not unpack and install png before trying to install wrf/wps. The issue is resolved now.