Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Using COSMO as input data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

figurski

Hi,
I am trying to load data from the regional COSMO model (Europe) into WRF. How can I change data from a rotated grid to a lonlat grid? And how can I convert the COSMO model levels to the pressure levels that the WRF reads.
I am looking for a solution using open source software.
Has anyone managed to run WRF with this meteorological input data?

Thanks!
Mariusz

WPS4.1 supports the the use of input meteorological datasets on a rotated latitude-longitude projection. Can you try this version to process COSMO data?

I do not need to install a new version of WRF 4.1. It is a surprise for me that WRF 4.1 supports of input meteorological datasets on a rotated latitude-longitude projection. Earlier versions did not support such data? I currently work with the WRF4.0 model and it probably does not have that possibility.

Mariusz

WPSv4.0.1 includes the utility to process input data on rotated lat-lon grid. However, that version has a bug we fixed later. That is why I suggested you run WPSv4.1.