Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Ru ./real.exe for three domains but got only wrfinput.d01

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

adildilawar

Hi,
I have run ./real.exe for three domains but got only wrfinput.d01 except wrfinput.d02 and wrfinput.d03.
I used FNL data for the year of 2000.
Please find below namlist.wps and namelist.input.
Also i attached screenshot rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000 to understand my error.

Please guide me how can i solve problem.

Thanks in advance!

regards,
Adil

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    350.2 KB · Views: 1,726
  • namelist.input.odt
    15.3 KB · Views: 65
  • namelist.wps.odt
    16 KB · Views: 59
Adil,
I am unable to read your namelist files. Can you just attach the namelist.input and namelist.wps files without the .odt extension? Can you also attach the actual rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000 files? If you have any trouble attaching any of these, add the .txt extension. Thanks!

Respected Kwerner,
Thanks for your reply.
I have changed the extension of all files so that they may readable.
I hope these files will helpful to get my error.

I am waiting for your comment and suggestion.

Regards,
Adil

Attachments

• rsl.error_0000.txt
    107.3 KB · Views: 64
  • rsl.out_0000.txt
    200.2 KB · Views: 68
  • namelist_wps.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 62
  • namelist_input.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 65
Adil,
Thanks for sending those. It looks like the real.exe program failed, but the error isn't clear. It's likely that even though you have a file for wrfinput_d01, it's not complete. I would first check to see if you have enough disk space to write the files. Your domains are pretty large, so the wrfinput_d0* files and the wrfbdy_d01 file are going to be pretty large, as well. If your disk is close to full, then that is likely the problem. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, please package all of your rsl.error.* files into a single *.TAR file and attach that so that I can see if there is anything helpful I can find in those. Thanks!

Dear Kwerner,

Sorry for belated. Actually i was running again all extensions to get rid from this error after cleaning directories but it is not solved.
This time it showed please find attached error file and out file below to understand it.

My Disk is not limited.

Please help me to solve it.

Attachments

• rsl.error_0000.txt
    107.3 KB · Views: 58
  • rsl.out_0000.txt
    200.2 KB · Views: 68
Hi,
Can you please send me all of the rsl* files? There should be 20 error files, and 20 out files. Please package them all into a *.TAR file and attach that. Please also send me a screen shot or file showing the available disk space. Thanks.

Hi,
Sorry for belated reply because i was trying to solve it. This time i used 10 processor to run real.exe but it showed again same error.
Please find below rsl.error folder so that you may understand problem.
Also i have attached screen shot of my disk space.

Reards,
Adil

Attachments

• rsl.error.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    393.5 KB · Views: 1,687
Adil,
Can you please send the rsl files packed in a *.tar file, instead of a .rar file? Unfortunately we are unable to open .rar files. Thanks.

Hi,
Dear Kwerner,
Please find below attached Tar file of rsl.error.
Thanks for your huge cooperation !

Regards,
Adil

Attachments

• rsl.error.tar
    260 KB · Views: 62
Adil,
Thanks for sending that. I'm not sure what exactly is happening to make everything only print out to the rsl.error.0001 file, while all the other rsl.error* files are empty. That is strange. What command are you using to run this?
Can you also let me know the size of the wrfinput_d01 and wrfbdy_d01 files. Just a simple:
Code:
ls -ls wrf* >& size.txt
should work. Then you can send me the size.txt file. Thanks!