Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Running WRF on one node

StephM

Hi
I installed WRF following this Installing WRF 4.2.1 on Ubuntu LTS 20.04 - Pratiman Homepage on a server. The server is:

Linux Kernel: 5.4
CPU count: 100
CPU speed: 2.6GHz
RAM: 400GB
Nodes: 1

I run wrf.exe using: mpirun -np ${ncpus} -ppn ${ntask} wrf.exe and change the ncpus and ntask with a bash code. If I make a run with ncpus>1 it takes more time to run than with ncpus=1. Also it is using only about 2% of the memory, which is making the run very slow

Also it is not generating any rsl.out or rsl.error files, everything is printed on the terminal. Which makes me think there is something not ok with the installation or with how is being run

I will appreciate ideas on how to fix this.

Can you attach your compile log and configure.wrf file so we can take a look? Thanks!

Thanks for attaching those. In your configure.log file, I see this line

Code:
# Settings for    Linux x86_64 ppc64le, gfortran compiler with gcc   (serial)

This means that the code was compiled for serial processing, which means you can only use a single domain. If you want to be able to use multiple processors, you need to recompile, choosing the 'dmpar' option during configuration. Make sure to issue a 'clean 'a' before reconfiguring.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I was recompiling after doing ./clean -a, and I get the following error

---> Problems building executables, look for errors in the build log <---

But I can't see in the compile.log exactly what was the error

Here are the new files

Attachments

• configure.log
    21 KB · Views: 1
  • compile.log
    866.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi