Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

seg fault running OBSGRID with MADIS data

Hi Lily,
If you were to run WRF with the standard met_em* files (i.e., not using the OBSGRID program), does the model fail? If so, then the issue is likely not related to your obsgrid input, and I would request you to attach your namelist.input file, as well as the wrf error logs (e.g., rsl.error.* - please package all rsl* files into a single tar file and attach).

If it runs fine without using obsgrid, then please follow the steps requested in the post you referenced (running the default obsgrid namelist, and attaching the files requested, in addition to your obsgrid namelist). Thanks!

Hi Lily,
If you were to run WRF with the standard met_em* files (i.e., not using the OBSGRID program), does the model fail? If so, then the issue is likely not related to your obsgrid input, and I would request you to attach your namelist.input file, as well as the wrf error logs (e.g., rsl.error.* - please package all rsl* files into a single tar file and attach).

If it runs fine without using obsgrid, then please follow the steps requested in the post you referenced (running the default obsgrid namelist, and attaching the files requested, in addition to your obsgrid namelist). Thanks!
Hi Kwerner,
Thank you for your reply. I have the segmentation error when run obsgrid.exe, not WRF model.

Thanks for clarifying. Will you please attach the requested files mentioned in the post your referenced? Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying. Will you please attach the requested files mentioned in the post your referenced? Thanks!
Hi kwerner,

Thank you for your reply. I figured out the issue. I cannot run it on a login node, might be due to limited computing resource.

Thanks.