Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

segmentation fault

leila mahmoudi

I got error while running real.exe.
my period is for one year. when I change to shorter time period like one month I don't get error and real.exe run successfully but for one year period it gives error.
I got WPS output in two case.
I mean I divide one year to two section because of limited period of simulation.
can it be reason?
I tried to run as parallel with one core but in both case (serial and parallel) it gives error.
could some one help me with this error?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
  • namelist.input
    2.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rsl.error.0000
    399.8 KB · Views: 5
Iam also encountring the same issue,
Kindly Suggest the ways to overcome the Segmentation fault
A segmentation fault can occur due to many different things. Please post your inquiry as a separate thread and provide some more information on your simulation, including the namelist and out/error files.

@leila mahmoudi
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about running one year in 2 sections. Do you mean that you process the met_em files for half the year, and then the other half, but then run real.exe for the full year, using all of the met_em* files? As long as there are no gaps in the data, and you're using the same type of data files, I don't believe this should be an issue. It looks like real.exe stops after 3 months, so it's not even getting to the 6-month mid-point.

Can you check whether you could potentially be running out of disk space to write the large wrfinput_d01 and wrfbdy_d01 files?