Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(Solved) No git found error in WRF run

• Thread starter Deleted member 3607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3607

Good morning,

I seem to be running into a similar problem with the no git found error for Real.exe and WRF.exe.

I have attached the relevant files from my WRF run.

Please advise.

Attachments

• geogrid.log
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
  • metgrid.log
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
Seems like certain file extensions are not allowed in forum. So I am zipping all relevant files to a compressed version.

Attachments

• WRF_ERROR.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 9
The error:
Code:
No git found or not a git repository, git commit version not available.
simply means the code was not cloned from a git repository. Perhaps it was downloaded instead? This is not a fatal issue. It's more just a print for the support team to be able to see specifically which version someone is using if they ARE cloning the code from GitHub.

It's true that certain file extensions are not allowed in this forum. I did just update to include extensions ".input" and ".wps." Any others, you can always just add a ".txt" to the end to allow uploads.

The error:
Code:
No git found or not a git repository, git commit version not available.
simply means the code was not cloned from a git repository. Perhaps it was downloaded instead? This is not a fatal issue. It's more just a print for the support team to be able to see specifically which version someone is using if they ARE cloning the code from GitHub.

It's true that certain file extensions are not allowed in this forum. I did just update to include extensions ".input" and ".wps." Any others, you can always just add a ".txt" to the end to allow uploads.
Did you happen to see in any of the files why real.exe or wrf.exe didn't run?

Oops! Sorry for overlooking that part. The rsl files are only for the wrf run, and they claim they cannot find the wrfinput_d01 file, which is understandable if real.exe didn't run. Can you attach the rsl.error.* files for the real execution?

Okay so the issue was with real.exe.

The dx/dy was set to 1km grid spacing but the timestep was not small enough. So I set it to 5min time step and it worked fine.