Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

some errors about ./wrf.exe

Goodmorning

Hi,

I have run ./real.exe successfully, but can't failed on ./wrf.exe. There are the rsl.error and rsl.out.

Attachments

• rsl.tar
    3 KB · Views: 1
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 2
Your namelist.input looks fine to me, except that you use SSIB LSM, which is kind of obsolete.
There is no error message in your rsl files, and this case seems to fail immediately after wrf.exe started. This indicates that something could be wrong in your input data. Can you tell what data did you use to drive WRF?

Your namelist.input looks fine to me, except that you use SSIB LSM, which is kind of obsolete.
There is no error message in your rsl files, and this case seems to fail immediately after wrf.exe started. This indicates that something could be wrong in your input data. Can you tell what data did you use to drive WRF?
I use ERA5 data as the forcing data. I run the case with other LSMs successfully.

Thanks for the update. ERA5 works fine as the forcing data for WRF. Thus the failure of your case is caused by SSIB LSM. As I have mentioned in my previous post, SSIB is an obsolete package with only 13 land use types. It is not recommended to activate this scheme.

Thanks for the update. ERA5 works fine as the forcing data for WRF. Thus the failure of your case is caused by SSIB LSM. As I have mentioned in my previous post, SSIB is an obsolete package with only 13 land use types. It is not recommended to activate this scheme.
Thank you very much .Can I understand that unreasonable land use is the reason for this error of ./wrf.exe? Can't the ./real.exe result the input file with accurate land use types. What can I do to run it successfully?

If you do need to run WRF with SSiB LSM driven by ERA5, I would suggest that you recompile WRF in debug mode, i.e.,
./clean -a
./configure -D
./compile em_real
Then you can rerun the failed case. The log file will tell exactly when and where the model crash, which will give you helpful information about what is wrong. From there you can figure out the reason for the model crash, and fix the issue.
Unfortunately we cannot debug some issues due to limited human power.

If you do need to run WRF with SSiB LSM driven by ERA5, I would suggest that you recompile WRF in debug mode, i.e.,
./clean -a
./configure -D
./compile em_real
Then you can rerun the failed case. The log file will tell exactly when and where the model crash, which will give you helpful information about what is wrong. From there you can figure out the reason for the model crash, and fix the issue.
Unfortunately we cannot debug some issues due to limited human power.
Thank you very much!