Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

SPPT scheme

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

aleherver

Hello,

According to the user’s guide, in the SPPT scheme the random pattern is not applied to the microphysics tendency. What is the reason? Is there any way to apply the random pattern to the full physics tendency including microphysics?

Hi,
Take a look at the following paper and see if it helps with your understanding of this:
doi:https://doi.org/10.1175/MWR-D-14-00091.1

If you still have questions, let me know and I'll try to contact the developer of this option.

Kelly

This paper does not help to answer my question: Why the random pattern is not applied to the microphysics pattern?

Hi,
It looks like I gave you an incorrect link to the paper the first time. I've corrected the link above. See if that is any more useful.
Thanks.