Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

STOP Denominator has to be greater than zero - deng_shcu_driver

Hi,
I was trying to run the wrf simulation for 2 days. Till ./real.exe, the program was running fine. After that, when I was trying to execute ./wrf.exe i am getting the error as
" Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_INVALID_FLAG IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL
STOP Denominator has to be greater than zero - deng_shcu_driver".
Could someone help me to resolve this issue?
Thanks
Naveen

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.1 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.error.0000
    5.9 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.out.0000
    5.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the root of the problem, but I see you are only running this on a single processor. For your domain size, you will likely need more processors for computation. Take a look at Choosing an Appropriate Number of Processors.

If you do that and run again and have the same issue, please then package all of your rsl.* files into a single *.tar file and attach that so I can take a look. You may also want to check your input data to make sure there is no missing or bad values. Sometimes when the model stop right at the beginning, it can be due to a bad data point. This FAQ may also be helpful: What is the most common reason for a segmentation fault?