Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

suitable spin up

Salifou@

I'm studying a case study linked to a rainfall extreme using WRF-ARW. I'm running a 10-day simulation (12-22 June 2018, target days 18-19 June 218) forced with ERA5 data. However, I would like to know how many days should I use to spin up.
Thanks,
Ibrahim

Hi,
Thanks so much for reply. Please which mode (WRF-ARW or NMM) is recommended in this particular case?
In fact, the idea behind this study is to analyse the dynamic associated and the predictability of the event (5 to 1 day before).

Hi,
WRF-NMM has not been developed or supported for several years now. Our group supports WRF-ARW, so that is the version we would recommend.

Hi,
WRF-NMM has not been developed or supported for several years now. Our group supports WRF-ARW, so that is the version we would recommend.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Can you take a look on my domain of simulation? I will appreciate to have your comments. D1 = 15km; D2 = 3km and D3 = 1km.

Attachments

• domain_WRF_v1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Can you take a look on my domain of simulation? I will appreciate to have your comments. D1 = 15km; D2 = 3km and D3 = 1km.
Hi, Since the original post here was about spin up time, and that was answered, will you please open a new thread to ask a new question? It helps to keep the forum organized and easier to read if the threads are specific to each topic. Thanks!