Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Surface fraction of green roof over urban rooftop

Din19

Dear WRF community,

I have several questions about "Surface fraction of green roof over urban rooftop(FGR)" option in the URB[ARAM.TBL. I would highly appreciate it if you could help me.

1. The option of "Surface fraction of green roof over urban rooftop" represents the portion of the individual building roof area covered with green roof, right?It means that in the WRF in the urban context the portion is applied to the roof areas of all buildings found in the urban land use category. Is it right?

2. If the SLUCM (sf_urban_physics=1) is used, what type of greenery is used in the green roof? is it grass?
In the BEP+BEM scheme ((sf_urban_physics=3), there is an option green roof type, which allows to choose the type of the greenery (GR_TYPE), it can be weather grass or Sedum vegetation. However, in the case of SLUCM (sf_urban_physics=1) there was no such option. So, is it assumed as grass?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Dear WRF community,

I have several questions about "Surface fraction of green roof over urban rooftop(FGR)" option in the URB[ARAM.TBL. I would highly appreciate it if you could help me.

1. The option of "Surface fraction of green roof over urban rooftop" represents the portion of the individual building roof area covered with green roof, right?It means that in the WRF in the urban context the portion is applied to the roof areas of all buildings found in the urban land use category. Is it right?

2. If the SLUCM (sf_urban_physics=1) is used, what type of greenery is used in the green roof? is it grass?
In the BEP+BEM scheme ((sf_urban_physics=3), there is an option green roof type, which allows to choose the type of the greenery (GR_TYPE), it can be weather grass or Sedum vegetation. However, in the case of SLUCM (sf_urban_physics=1) there was no such option. So, is it assumed as grass?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Dear @Ming Chen could you please help me?

Hi,
It can sometimes take us a few days to have the time to respond to forum inquiries, and we don't work on weekends. I'm unsure of the answer to this question, but I will reach out to an urban model developer to see if they are able to help. Thank you for your patience.

Hi,
It can sometimes take us a few days to have the time to respond to forum inquiries, and we don't work on weekends. I'm unsure of the answer to this question, but I will reach out to an urban model developer to see if they are able to help. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you very much.