Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

The way to turn off the cloud radiative feedback when running WRF

ddongpal

Dear WRF,

Hi, I'm a WRF model user. I've investigated turbulence that occurred near the cirrus band of a tropical cyclone.
What I want is a sensitivity test that turns off the effect of cloud radiative feedback, which can trigger the cirrus band.
I just want to turn off only the longwave radiative and shortwave radiative feedback of the cloud, not the whole radiation effect (for example, turn off the ra_lw_physics, ra_sw_physics)

Now, I'm just trying to turn off the "icloud" effect, which is about the "cloud effect to the optical depth in radiation".
I'm not sure whether it is correct to get rid of the cloud radiation effect.. Or is there any other way to remove the cloud radiation effect?
I would appreciate it if anyone can advise me about this problem.

Hi,
iCloud = 0 will turn off cloud effects in radiation, so it is correct to turn off this option. Some other options that should also be turned off include:
cu_rad_feedback = .false.
shallowcu_forced_ra = .false.,
icloud_bl = .false. (suppose you run with MYNN PBL scheme)
bmj_rad_feedback = .false. (if you run with BMJ scheme)

Hi,
iCloud = 0 will turn off cloud effects in radiation, so it is correct to turn off this option. Some other options that should also be turned off include:
cu_rad_feedback = .false.
shallowcu_forced_ra = .false.,
icloud_bl = .false. (suppose you run with MYNN PBL scheme)
bmj_rad_feedback = .false. (if you run with BMJ scheme)
Dear Chen,

Oh, I really appreciate you for responding to the question. I'll try it. Thank you!

Please see the answer to this question posted somewhere else. Also, please don't repeatedly post the same question.