Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

The WRF run was successful but the variables of RH, CAPE, CIN, LFC, and LCF are absent in the wrfout. Please in this matter. Thank in advance.

priya_nit

The WRF run was successful but the variables of td, RH, CAPE, CIN, LFC, and LCF are absent in the wrfout. Please help in this matter. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Registry.EM_COMMON.txt
    421 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Did you turn on AFWA diagnostics option?
I did it this way:
afwa_diag_opt = 1, 1,
afwa_severe_opt = 1, 1,

I got the variables like AFWA_CAPE and AFWA_CIN, but the relative humidity and temperature are absent in wrfout. How can I get the remaining variable?

Last edited:
Hi,
just a short question somewhat related to CAPE computation: The "Fix Code Bug on CAPE Triggering Condition (#1904)" as stated in the release notes in WRF 4.5.2 has only an effect when using AFWA diagnostics or does this affect other output variable as well (e.g. related to prcp)?
Regards

I did it this way:
afwa_diag_opt = 1, 1,
afwa_severe_opt = 1, 1,

I got the variables like AFWA_CAPE and AFWA_CIN, but the relative humidity and temperature are absent in wrfout. How can I get the remaining variable?
RH and temperature are not included in AFWA diagnostics. Temperature is always included in wrfout, and RH can be derived from other wrfout variables like temperature, water vapor mixing ratio, etc.

Hi,
just a short question somewhat related to CAPE computation: The "Fix Code Bug on CAPE Triggering Condition (#1904)" as stated in the release notes in WRF 4.5.2 has only an effect when using AFWA diagnostics or does this affect other output variable as well (e.g. related to prcp)?
Regards
It only affects AFWA diagnostics.