Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

This is an inquiry about the ungrib process of WPS's isobaric surface data.

Kimsuhyun

I used WPSv3.7 and WPSv4.4 to perform the ungrib of the isobaric surface data.
Here, we found that WPSv3.7 reads the upper atmosphere up to 0.4 hPa, but only up to 1.0 hPa in WPSv4.4.
Even in WPSv4.4, I wonder which part of the ungrib source code should be modified to read the upper atmosphere up to 0.4hPa.

Hi,
I believe you can just use the namelist.wps option "pmin" (in the &ungrib record) to set the minimum pressure you want to interpolate to. Take a look at the release notes from WPSV4.4, which discuss this option. If you know much about git (GitHub), feel free to take a look at some of the code changes that were used, if you still need that.

Hi,
I believe you can just use the namelist.wps option "pmin" (in the &ungrib record) to set the minimum pressure you want to interpolate to. Take a look at the release notes from WPSV4.4, which discuss this option. If you know much about git (GitHub), feel free to take a look at some of the code changes that were used, if you still need that.
Thank you.
With your help, it was an opportunity to check all options in namelist.input in detail.