Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

troubles in writting the first history file

CJ Chen

Hi,

I'm having some issues running MPAS-A. Could you please give some suggestions on this?

I'm running a regional domain of 1500 km diameter on a 3km resolution.
Using ERA5 as initial and boundary conditions, and SST update, ./init_atmosphere_model runs fine.

Then ./atmosphere_model is failing to write the initial model output file. It is stop running forward but without any errors or
crash.

But the model runs fine with just the "diagnostics" stream and disabling the "output" stream.

These are the settings I have set in namelist.atmosphere but it didn't work. (running on 10 nodes and 24 cores per node)
/
&io
config_pio_num_iotasks = 10
config_pio_stride = 24
/

After additional testing, I found that it runs fine in some situations after editing "stream_list.atmosphere.output" file and "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file.

- running fine with just the default "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file and disabling output stream.

- running fine with the default "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file and output stream but writing just a few fields:

scalars
initial_time
xtime
w
pressure
surface_pressure
rho
theta
uReconstructZonal
uReconstructMeridional

- failing to write the output file and diag file with the default "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file and output stream but writing just a few fields:

scalars
initial_time
xtime
w
pressure
surface_pressure
rho
theta
uReconstructZonal
uReconstructMeridional
relhum
divergence

- failing to write the diag file after dropping 4 variables in the default "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file. (disabling output stream)

- running fine with the "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics" file but writing just a few fields (disabling output stream):

initial_time
xtime
mslp
olrtoa
cape
cin
lcl
lfc
rainc
rainnc

It makes me so confused and could you give me some suggestions on it?

Many thanks in advance!

CJ

Attachments

• log.atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
  • namelist.atmosphere.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
  • streams.atmosphere.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 4
Can you upload your "stream_list.atmosphere.output" for me to take a look? Thanks.
Hi Ming,

Sorry for the late reply, here are the "stream_list.atmosphere.output" and "stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics".

Thank you so much!

CJ

Attachments

• stream_list.atmosphere.diagnostics.txt
    62 bytes · Views: 1
  • stream_list.atmosphere.output.txt
    62 bytes · Views: 0