Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Turning on crop option in CLM/WRF

akyuzezg

Hello,

How should I turn on the CROP option for CLM land surface option?

I am currently using WRF v4.1.1 (compiling with gcc) with the surface model option 5 (CLM configuration-namelist.input-attached). I would like to turn on the crop module option. The conditions are defined in the code using "ifdef CROP" or "if (defined CROP)" (module_sf_clm.F-attached). I have tried to turn on the CROP option in the script using "defined CROP" below "ifdef CROP" and "if (defined CROP)" because I didn't figure out how to turn on the option in the namelist.input. And then compiled but it didn't work.

I needed column values of some of the variables instead of grid point values. So that, I have separately calculated column values for a variable and printed out them to the log file (rsl.out-attached). The values of the variable are for only column 1 and column 2. But I was not able to understand the types of the columns calculated. I need to know the types of the columns of these column 1 and column 2 which column type they are exactly corresponded to.

There is a list in the code covers the column types. For the variable I mentioned, values are mostly calculated for both two columns but sometimes it has value for only one of these columns.

Do you have any suggestions or is there a way to understand the column types?

For the log file:
I have tried to calculated column values of the variable "qflx_surf" and added a script in module_sf_clm.F given below. If it is required, I can send the all the scripts that I have changed for calculation of the column values of the variable. It loops over only two columns.

subroutine clm( ...)
do c = begc,endc
qflx_surf_w2c = clm3%g%l%c%cwf%qflx_surf(c)*dtime
WRITE( message , * ) &
'qflx_surf_w2c', qflx_surf_w2c, ', c', c
CALL wrf_message ( message )

end do
end subroutine clm

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• module_sf_clm.F
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • namelist.input.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 4
  • rsl.out.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
After you produce configure.wrf, please change the line below
ARCH_LOCAL = -DNONSTANDARD_SYSTEM_FUNC -DWRF_USE_CLM $(NETCDF4_IO_OPTS) -DRPC_TYPES=1
to:
ARCH_LOCAL = -DNONSTANDARD_SYSTEM_FUNC -DWRF_USE_CLM -DCROP $(NETCDF4_IO_OPTS) -DRPC_TYPES=1
This will enable CROP in CLM. However, this is an option rarely used and not well tested. Please be cautious when you run with this option.