Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

update the Great Lakes surface temperature

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

qishi18

I'd like to run an experiment with daily lake surface temperature (LST) from satellite observations. I wrote the LST from satellite to the wrflowinp_d0* files and set SST_UPDATE =1. However, the LST in wrflowinp_d0* had no influence on the surface temperature over lakes when I analysis the SST from model output. Any comments or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Can you upload your wrflowinp, wrfinput, namelist.input, and a few wrfout files for me to take a look? Thanks.

Ming Chen

Hi Ming Chen,

Attached is my namelist.input. I can't add my wrfinput, wrflowinp, and wrfout files to the attachments. Is there an alternative way to send those files to you?
By the way, I have three domains, and I set sst_update =1, in my namlelist file. Should I set sst_update=1,1,1, in order to tell wrf read SST from wrflowinput for the nested domains?

Best,
Qi

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4 KB · Views: 63
Attached is the comparison between WRF lowinput sst and WRF output sst after 13-day simulation. As you can see, the outer domain has the same SST output as the lowinput sst. But the second and third domains don't have the updated sst.

Best,
Qi

Attachments

• WRF_lowinput_sst.png
    WRF_lowinput_sst.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,049
  • WRF_output_sst.png
    WRF_output_sst.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,049
Please upload your files following the steps below:
(1) ftp ftp.mmm.ucar.edu
username: anonymous
passed: email address
cd incoming
put files
quit

Please let me know after you upload your files. Thanks.

Ming Chen

Please change the option in your namelist.input from

auxinput4_interval = 360,

to:

auxinput4_interval = 360, 360, 360

Then try again. Please let me know whether this option fixes the problem.

Ming Chen