Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

updating land use

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.


New member
Hi all,
I've updated the land use data of WRF using this dataset:!/dataset/satellite-land-cover?tab=overview
To do it, I used GDAL and convert_geotiff tools, and apparently everything went well (I am attaching the index file and a figure of my domain using the WRF default (with MODIFIED_IGBP_MODIS_NOAH) and the updating, as an illustration).
However, for some reason that I couldnt figure out yet, when I adopted the new configuration, the global attributes of my geogrid netcdf files assume the USGS mode (I am attaching the default and update nameltists, and what I got from the netcdf files). All the steps of wrf work fine, I also got the message 'SUCCESS COMPLETE WRF' from wrf.exe, however I would like to sort out this inconsistency.
Thank you in advance for your help


  • 0MODIS_d03_landuse_salvador.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 986
  • 2018_d03_salvador.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 986
  • index.txt
    426 bytes · Views: 69
  • namelist_new.wps
    931 bytes · Views: 66
  • namelist_default.wps
    898 bytes · Views: 62
  • global_atributtes_default.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 986
  • global_atributtes_new.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 986
The WPS version is 4.1.
By the way, I run some tests, and the problem doesn't appear when I use the default mode for the parent domain (D01), and the updating for D02 and D03.