Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

var/build/da_rad_diags.exe not created

ashish__shaji

sir/ Ma'am, I have being trying to configure and compile WRF-DA in my system. Although compiling the model was completed, one of the executable (var/build/da_rad_diags.exe) file was not created. all the other 43 executables were created successffully.

Can anyone help me with this.

Hello sir

I faced the same problem recently when compiling WRFDA V4.5.2 but gratefully I've solved it!

In my case, I found out from compile.out file that there was something wrong with the netcdf-4 part when they wanted to make da_rad_diags.exe file (maybe because I didn't install netcdf4 in my WRF library). Then, I cleaned the configuration first (with command "./clean && ./clean -a") and edited this file:
$your_WRFDA_dir/var/da/da_monitor/da_rad_diags.f90

in line 337
ios = NF_CREATE(trim(ncname), NF_NETCDF, ncid) ! Change to output netcdf4 files
!ios = NF_CREATE(trim(ncname), NF_CLOBBER, ncid) ! NF_CLOBBER specifies the default behavior of
! overwritting any existing dataset with the
! same file name

to this:
!ios = NF_CREATE(trim(ncname), NF_NETCDF, ncid) ! Change to output netcdf4 files
ios = NF_CREATE(trim(ncname), NF_CLOBBER, ncid) ! NF_CLOBBER specifies the default behavior of
! overwritting any existing dataset with the
! same file name

After that, try to compile it again from the first step ("./configure wrfda" and etc)

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Destry

Last edited: