Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Vertical temperature profile from WRF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any way to output vertical temperature fields from WRF directly (i.e without having to calculate using the perturbation potential temperature using the formula suggested here: https://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/wrf-users/2010/001896.html

Also, is there any diagnostic already available in WRF output that gives vertical temperature values that I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Best, Prerita

Prerita,
please take a look at the file "run/README.tslist", which describes how to produce vertical profiles at specific locations.

To answer your 2nd question, some post-process packages like UPP, ARWpost can process wrfout files and produce vertical profiles. Please take a look at the WRF USer's guide for more details.