Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

which coordinate points to use in the tslist file for 2 nested domain

Hi, I am trying to create 2 domains for 2 different locations within one outer domain. (see picture)

8.png

I am using I and J coordinate values for the location in tslist file.

example-
tslist and tslist_gridIJ are identical tslist_latlon
#-----------------------------------------------# #-----------------------------------------------#
# 24 characters for name | pfx | I | J | # 24 characters for name | pfx | LAT | LON |
#-----------------------------------------------# #-----------------------------------------------#

Moerdijk_Solar s_m00 228 124 Moerdijk_Solar moerd 58 45

For converting longitude and latitude to coordinate I am using wrf.ll_to_xy() function from the wrf-python library. This requires a netCDF file, lat, long as the input,
Previously When I was using only two domain (one inner and one outer) I was using the netCDF file of inner domain to get the I and j coordinates values.
But now I am confused as to which domain netCDF file should I use to get the I and J coordinates? outer? inner D2? inner D3?

Please help me with this. Thank you

Hi,
Unfortunately our group does not maintain or support wrf-python, but based on your experience with only 2 domains, I believe you would need to find the i,j coordinates of both inner domains (d02 and d03). This may mean that you need additional lines in your tslist.