Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Which Linux version for WRF?

Hi,
I worked for years on CentOS. As you know, it doesn't support more. I would like to know which free Linux version is the best to install WRF?
I'll be thankful for any help.

Hi,
There really is no recommendation for any one Linux OS over another. I would just go with whatever you're most comfortable with.

Hi,
I worked for years on CentOS. As you know, it doesn't support more. I would like to know which free Linux version is the best to install WRF?
I'll be thankful for any help.
Really any of the debian linux distros work. Centos can still be done with a little effort.

Dear Will,
Do you mean I can work on Debian and also I can use Centos, still? Pardon me, I couldn't get you clearly.
So WRF primarily is used on a debian system like ubuntu. The instructions or installing are written for a debian flavor of linuux.

However, if you spend time and figure out all the install packages and libraries required for WRF on Centos, like redhat, then WRF will work on centos.

IF you had a centos system you could install a virtual ubuntu machine and run WRF through a virtual machine that way.

Personally I have a separate solid state drive where I installed ubuntu on to run WRF and then transfer the files to the any other operating systems I need to do analysis on.