Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF based on Hourly data

utkarsh-7

Hi,
I am actually interested in getting hourly data(meteorological data) for my WRF model for historical cases but unable to find any resource that provides historical input data for it less than 3hrs. So can you suggest any particular resource from where we can get the hourly input data for historical cases?

Hi,
There are a couple of data types listed here that claim to be hourly. Otherwise, perhaps someone else in the community who sees this post will have some suggestions.

Hi,
I am actually interested in getting hourly data(meteorological data) for my WRF model for historical cases but unable to find any resource that provides historical input data for it less than 3hrs. So can you suggest any particular resource from where we can get the hourly input data for historical cases?
@utkarsh-7 @kwerner I have used the ERA5 Reanalysis that has 1hr steps. Information on the ERA5 Reanalysis can be found here:
ERA5 Reanalysis Overview