Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe run error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jgriley

I have been trying to run wrf for the last week. Every time I submit the job for my model, It will run for a few seconds and then stop. Sometimes it through a week in my model, but other times only couple of days. There are no errors that are showing up, unless you look at the output file for the job submission, which says:

MPT ERROR: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 93 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
aborting job

I have tried everything to for this problem, but nothing is working. Can someone help me please?

If the model crashed quickly after the initialization, it often indicates the input data might be wrong.
Please look at all your rsl files ( not only the rsl.error.0000) to find the error messages, which will be helpful for you to figure out what is wrong.

Actually I found the error message. T h error message is:
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred